Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide 2011 - Day 1

HO, Ho, HO! Here we go!

This holiday my stocking runneth over. There are so many incredible books to share and so little time to write.

So, to try to get in as many books as I can, I've divided up the guide among four days.

Today, the first day, I've posted my 12 favorite holiday stories with full reviews. (Each title appears at the end of this post as a live link. Click the link to go directly to a review or scroll down the page.)

On Dec. 14, I'll spotlight books that look and feel as good as toys. This list will include pop-up books, crafts books, drawing books and books about, well, toys!

Then Dec. 29, I'll share a few of my favorite things. Among them Bumble-Ardy, the first book written and illustrated by Maurice Sendak in 30 years.

I'll wrap up the guide the first week of January, with my lists of the best books of the year, from the best illustrated picture books to the most fun read-alouds.

To get as many in as I can, reviews will be Twitter-style, short and quick.

I hope you enjoy this year's guide and it leads you to just the book you're looking for!

Happy holidays everyone!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment